Thursday, February 01, 2007

Learning new words

I have been sick for two weeks...

I think I had a really bad stomach virus.
And some of my friends too.
Does this virus spread in Japan? ...I don't know.
I went to the hospital to have an injection. It helped me :)

I have not had a fever and stomachache since I had an injection.
But I still have a cough. That's all! I will be super soon :)

By the way, I have watched some movies and read some books lately because I could not go out.
"50 first dates" is the most favorite movie which I have watched lately.
Have you ever watched it? It is love story in Hawaii.
I have never been to Hawaii.
But the images and the music in this movie made me feel Hawaii :)

I got some new words from my friends!

1, Guess what
-I got this word from Damien.
After that, I said to Steve and Tiffany "I got a new word!"
They said "What?" I said "Guess what!"
They said "What??" I said "Guess what!"
They said "What???" We repeated 2 times. It was funny :)

2, hypothetical
-I got this word from Damien.
After that, I said to Steve and Tiffany, Anna "I got new word!
But I forgot about it... H,Y,......C,A,L" They thought about
this word. It was like a quiz. Tiffany got an answer!

3, G'day mate!
-I got this word from Steve.
He taught me about difference of British and American, Canadian,
Australian accents.
It seems that when I speak British English, I have to stand with
a straight back. And act politely with a stick :) hehehe.
It seems that Australian English is very casual.

I learned English from conversation with my friend and songs in English.
So maybe I learned BAD words sometimes.
When I cannot find the words in my dictionary, I ask my friends about them.
And it seems that I make them annoy with the questions.
Sorry, Steve and Tiffany, Anna!

2 comments:

matthew said...

G'day mate!

Your blog looks very different! I have seen 50 First Dates too, I agree that it was funny.

Congrats on learning new words!

Maki said...

"Congrats" is a new word for me also!
All of my foreign friends are teachers for me :)
I always learn new English from the conversation with my friends.