Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Tanuki ! Tanuki ! Tanuki !

I went to Shiga prefecture with my mom on October 27th.
There is mom's favorite Japanese restaurant in Shiga.
It was first time to me to go there.
The restaurant has a beautiful garden.
It is Japanese style. I really like it.

He is owner of this restaurant. He is VERY good cook!!

It is called "Dobin mushi". We can eat it only in Fall.
It is sashimi of flatfish (Sliced raw flatfish).
It is huge Tanuki!! What do you think it is?

....It is pottery store! Did you find entrance?

This is my favorite shop. So cute!

I took a picture with Geisya Tanuki.

She wears Kimono.

These are Tanukis!! Crazy!

Do you think "why are there many Tanukis in Shiga"?

Ok, it is easy. The maple syrup is popular in Canada.

Maybe most of the traveler buy it as souvenir.

Like that. Tanuki is popular souvenir there.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, so many tanuki. There are no tanuki in Canada. I miss them. The resturant garden is beautiful. I am glad you and your mom could have a special day together. Talk to you soon. I do miss you!

The Stiffs said...

Tanukis are taking over Japan! Run for your lives! Tell my mother I love her! They're everywhere!

matthew said...

Have a very happy birthday Maki!

Xaven said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAKI!!!